North Coast Distance Education School
Your Online School
Your Online School
- New Newsletter!: Check out our latest newsletter!
- Internet Access for NCDES Students in Terrace!: NCDES is pleased to announce a new partnership with...(Click for more)
- Registration: Parents must contact the K-9 teachers to complete the Student Learning Plan and appli...(Click for more)
- DL Satisfaction Surveys: Please complete the 2013-14 Satisfaction Survey. These surveys provide us ...(Click for more)
- Parent Advisory Council: The North Coast Distance Education School Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is...(Click for more)
This is my seventh year teaching at North Coast Distance Education School. I really enjoy working with my students and their families. With this job, I find I am continually learning new things.
Elementary students are full time students and single courses are not offered for K to 7. I am in the process of changing our Elementary Program, to give parents the choice of a structured program or a more open, Portfolio based program. This program will be ready for September, 2014, but I am already working with some parents on more open programs to suit their learning styles. This will give parents and students more choices in developing their learning plans and yet meet the Ministry of Education's learning outcomes.
We offer a Full Day Kindergarten Program that is half Module Work and half Play Based Learning. Our Kindergarten to Grade 7 program is mostly paper based, with some online programs. Social Studies 6 and 7, and Science 7 are online in our school Moodle site. Social Studies 7 is also online through a web link. I teach Grade 5, 6 and 7 Language Arts with weekly online classes, if there are enough students for each class.
Registration for Elementary is a little different than for our Secondary Students. You can use the online application, but you need to contact me to set up an individualized learning plan for your child. Please contact me if you are interested in enrolling your K to 7 student in our school. I would be happy to work with you to create a program. My contact information is at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for more information on our Elementary Program: Our Elementary Program
Student Email: Click Here
Mrs. Smith's Elluminate Class
Jeanna's Elluminate Class
(Social Studies 6 and Science 7 are in our school Moodle courses.)
phone: 250-635-7944 local 4479 or