- June Provincials: North Coast Distance Education will be hosting Provincial Exams for students who ...(Click for more)
- Register Now!: All students in Grades 10-12 wishing to take courses can sign up now! If you already...(Click for more)
- Registration: Parents must contact the K-9 teachers to complete the Student Learning Plan and appli...(Click for more)
- Internet Access for NCDES Students in Terrace!: NCDES students without internet access can go to No...(Click for more)
- Parent Advisory Council: The North Coast Distance Education School Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is...(Click for more)
Students of North Coast Distance Education who have completed or are soon to complete any provincially examinable courses need to register for your exam(s). The Provincials will be taken at the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre on June 22, 23, 24, 27 and 28, and later on August 8, 9, and 10. Please contact us at North Coast Distance Education (250-635-7944) to register for your exam(s).
System Closed for Server Updates
On Thursday, May 26 at 4:00PM our server will be temporarily offline so that the Information Technology Department can add some system updates to our server. We apologize for this temporary one hour closure. The system should be accessible by 5:00 PM.
Closed for Non-Instructional Day
North Coast Distance Education will be closed on Friday, May 27. Our staff will be attending workshops on this date. We will resume our normal operational hours on Monday, May 30, 2016.
Beginning this July North Coast Distance Education will be closed over the summer months. Our office at 3120 Hwy 16 East, located in the Trades & Employment Training Centre, will be closed to the public from July 6 - August 26, 2016. For students who are presently enrolled or looking to register you should be aware of the following:
- Teachers will not be marking or providing feedback during the summer months until they return to work on September 6, 2016.
- Students requiring their courses to attend a high school, trades program, college or university in the fall, must complete and submit their course material by June 17, 2016 in order to be completed, processed and reported to the Ministry of Education.
- Students will not be able to register for a course from June 15 until August 26, 2016.
- Students, who have not been active (considered to be “Processing”) in their course work by June 29, 2016, will not be able to work on their courses during the summer months. Those students who are active will be able to continue working in their courses, though there will be no marking or teacher feedback during the summer.
- In the coming weeks we will be notifying students of courses that will no longer be available from North Coast Distance Education.
We apologize for these changes to our operations and any inconvenience it may cause you in obtaining your educational goals.
Welcome to North Coast Distance Education
We are a public education, distributed learning program in northwest British Columbia, offering a wide range of quality, teacher-led programs for grades 10 - 12 students and adult learners across BC.
Striving to meet the needs of all learners, we look forward to working with you to help you achieve your individual goals. Your success is our success.
Graduated Adults and Course Fees
As of May 1, 2015 the Ministry of Education withdrew funding for graduated adults seeking course upgrades. As a result of this change, we are now charging a fee of $570.00 per course. Graduated Adults wishing to take our courses can register by giving your Credit Card number over the phone, or by paying directly at the North Coast Distance Education Office. Please be advisied that there are no refunds once payment has been made for a course. Call our us for more information. * There are no course fees for Non-graduated adults.
A variety of online secondary courses are offered. Students have the option to take individual courses or complete graduation programs to personalize their education plan.
Adult Graduation Program
Adults have the opportunity to fulfill B.C. Ministry approved graduation requirements through the Adult Dogwood.
Online Courses Offered
North Coast Distance Education offers a variety of Secondary Courses.
- Communications 11 and 12
- English 10, 11 and 12
- Apprenticeship and Workplace 10 and 11
- Foundations and Pre-Calculus 10
- Foundations 11 and 12
- Pre-Calculus 11 and 12
Skills and Planning
- Family Studies 12
- Foods and Nutrition 12
- Graduation Transitions 12
- Planning 10 and 12
- Physical Education 10, 11 and 12
- Science 10
- Physics 11 and 12
- Biology 11 and 12
- Chemistry 11 and 12
- Science Technology 11
- Social Studies 10 and 11
We Have Moved
We have moved to our new location at the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre, located at:
3120 Highway 16 East
Terrace, BC, V8G 4N8
We are open for business and look forward to seeing you at our new location.