Your Online School
- Student Notifications and Emails: Recently the computer server for our Student Management System ha...(Click for more)
- Funding for Graduated Adults: Contrary to our earlier notification, we have learned that the Minist...(Click for more)
- NCDES has moved to a new location: We are pleased to announce that we have moved to our new locatio...(Click for more)
- Register Now!: All students in Grades 10-12 wishing to take courses can sign up now! If you already...(Click for more)
- Registration: Parents must contact the K-9 teachers to complete the Student Learning Plan and appli...(Click for more)
Welcome to NCDES
We are a public education, distributed learning school in northwest British Columbia, offering a wide range of quality, teacher-led programs for learners of all ages across BC.
Striving to meet the needs of all learners, we look forward to working with you to help you achieve your individual goals. Your success is our success.
We Have Moved
We have moved to our new location at the Northwest Trades & Employment Training Centre, located at:
3120 Highway 16 East
Terrace, BC, V8G 4N8
We are open for business and look forward to seeing you at our new location.
A variety of online secondary courses are offered. Students have the option to take individual courses or complete graduation programs to personalize their education plan.
Adult Graduation Program
Adults have the opportunity to fulfill B.C. Ministry approved graduation requirements through the Adult Dogwood.
Online Courses Offered
North Coast Distance Education offers a variety of Secondary Courses.
- Communications 11 and 12
- English 10, 11 and 12
- English 12 First Peoples
- Apprenticeship and Workplace 10 and 11
- Foundations and Pre-Calculus 10
- Foundations 11 and 12
- Pre-Calculus 11 and 12
- Accounting 11
Skills and Planning
- Family Studies 11 and 12
- Foods and Nutrition 12
- Planning 10 and 12
- Physical Education 10, 11 and 12
- Science 10
- Physics 11 and 12
- Biology 11 and 12
- Chemistry 11 and 12
- Science Technology 11
- Social Studies 10 and 11
- BC First Nations 12
Registration - ID and Text Deposits
*** To expedite your application process, please provide us with a piece of identification as proof of B.C. residency. We prefer a Driver’s License, Current B.C. Care Card, BC ID or a Status card. (If you have a digital camera or smart phone, you can take a snapshot of your proof of residency and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org )
*** Some of our grade 10-12 online courses require a $100.00 text/materials deposit. To see a list of these courses and how you can submit payment, please look under the "Resouces and Information" heading on our main page.
We are continually making changes to improve the experience for our students and families. If you have any comments, would like to see a new feature or want to report an error on our site, please click on the "Send Feedback" button on the right of this screen. We look forward to hearing from you. Your input helps us make this a better site for all.