The system will be intermittently offline for 2 outages, one between 7AM and 8AM and the other between 7PM and 8:30PM. Interrupts will be kept to an absolute minimum, but are needed to perform system maintenance.
- There are a number of ways of finding an assignment for grading, including the Student Moodle Submissions in SMS, the “Grade Me” block in some courses (see below on how to add this), and checking assignments and quizzes for gradable material. Each of these has its own merits and drawbacks.
- After you have found an assignment with submissions you wish to grade, you should go to that assignment.
- From the assignment page you will see “View all submissions”. Click on this.
- Select a submission or student to grade and click on the Grade button in the Grade column. To find all submitted but ungraded submissions in an assignment, sort by the Status column.
- Upon opening the grading page for a submission you may find an annotatable PDF on the left of the page, or be required to download the submission first to be opened by software on your PC. It is recommended that for most tasks you will download the submission and where suitable, convert to a PDF for grading using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Depending on the assignment, and whether it has a marking guide, grading rubric or just simple direct grading, you will either select which of the criteria the submission meets or enter a grade value.
- If the assignment has a feedback file drop box, an annotated PDF copy of the graded work should be uploaded here. This will be below the feedback comments. This feedback file drop box should generally be enabled for assignments.
- After entering a grade and providing suitable feedback, select Save changes from the bottom of the screen. You should only deselect the Notify students option if the change being saved is essentially inconsequential or a report card comment entry.
Enabling feedback files for an assignment:
- Open the assignment page.
- Select from the Administration block (usually lower right of page): Assignment administration -> Edit settings
- Scroll down to and select Feedback types.
- Select Feedback files. You should also usually have Feedback comments enabled too.
- Scroll to bottom of page and select one of the two save options.
Adding the Grade Me block to a course:
- Go to the course.
- On the top right of the page click on Turn editing on, if it is not already enabled.
- Scroll down and on the left of the page you should see a block called “Add a block”. Click on the Add drop down beneath it and select Grade Me.
- By clicking and holding on the arrow icon of the newly added Grade Me block, you can move it to a different position within the left and right blocks.
- After you have placed the Grade Me block where you want, you should turn off editing by scrolling to the top of the page and click on Turn editing off.
Important Notice to All Students Who are Set to Graduate in June of 2020, or this year.
Have you written the Provincial Numeracy 10 Examination?
If you are in grade 12 and set to graduate this year, we need to know immediately, if you have NOT written the Numeracy 10 examination.
*If you have not written , please send an email to
Carol-Ann.Rauschenberger@cmsd.bc.ca by Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
If you are unsure, please send an email or message online.
Adult Dogwood Students are exempt (do not have to write this exam).
North Coast Distance Education
All courses are now open for registration.
New students: Please send us a copy of your and your guardian’s ID (BC DL etc.) when registering.
Please call us for any questions.
Call us for an appointment and/or more information at 250 635-4217.
For hours and price list, click here:
3120 Hwy 16 E
Have you visited our Facebook page recently?
Please check for updates and new programs:
Please find below a list of the NCDE teachers for the 2018/19 school year:
CarolAnne Rauschenberger <Carol-Ann.Rauschenberger@cmsd.bc.ca>
Maryka Rypma <Maryka.Rypma@cmsd.bc.ca>
Peter Fassnacht <Peter.Fassnacht@cmsd.bc.ca>
Tammy Braid <Tammy.Braid@cmsd.bc.ca>
For additional contact information, please go to STAFF CONTACTS.
For all general questions or concerns, please e-mail or call us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-663-3865.
Best of luck with your studies!
Should you encounter problems signing into your account, please contact us at 250 635-7944 or <email@example.com>.
Please DO NOT create a new account!
We are a public education, distributed learning program in northwest British Columbia, offering a wide range of quality, teacher-led programs for grades 10-12 students and adult learners across BC.
Striving to meet the needs of all learners, we look forward to working with you to help you achieve your individual goals. Your success is our success.
As of September 2017 Graduated Adults wishing to take NCDE courses are no longer required to pay any fees. Please register by visiting our main page (www.ncdes.ca) and by clicking on “ENROL” on the right-hand side of the page.